Terms & Conditions
- "Cottage" refers to the property: The Parks Cottage, Norton, Presteigne, LD8 2HD
- "Customer", "you", "your" shall mean or refer to the individual who made the booking;
- "Owner", "us", "we" shall mean: Mr Peter Wright & Dorothy McGuire, The Parks Barn, Norton, Presteigne, LD8 2HD
- "Tenants", "you", "your" shall mean or refer to the Customer's party.
2. Check In / Check Out
- Check in anytime after 4pm on your day of arrival (or earlier by prior arrangement). Check out is anytime before 10am on your last day. Please let us know your estimated time of arrival.
- If you leave any of your possessions behind at your accommodation, please contact us as soon as possible. We reserve the right to charge you for any storage and delivery costs that we incur in relation to your lost property. We will hold all lost property for six months, after which it will be disposed of.
3. Information Pack
- The cottage comes with an Information Pack of useful information on the property and the proper operation of the specific facilities and services provided in it. As some of our facilities (including the cottage's heating and waste disposal services) may not be familiar to all our guests it is essential that you familiarise yourself with the information pack on arrival. It is a condition of our contract with you that you respect the facilities provided and comply with the user conditions set out in the information pack.
- You undertake to leave the cottage without demand at the termination of the agreed period of hire.
4. Property Care and Visitor Obligations
- There is strictly no smoking within the cottage. A surcharge will be made for cleaning fabrics on evidence of smoking in the cottage.
- The number of guests at any time is restricted to the number of guests as indicated on the booking form.
- In the unlikely event that you discover any damaged items on arrival, you agree to inform us immediately (so that you will not be held liable and for us to arrange a repair / replacement as soon as possible).
- The Owner has the right to enter the property at any reasonable time for the purpose of inspection, repairs, etc. except in cases of emergency where quick access is vital, in which case the Owner is entitled to enter the cottage at any time without giving you prior notice.
- During your stay, you are responsible for the contents of the property and we will pass on the cost of any damages / breakages to you (beyond reasonable wear and tear).
- Make sure the wood burner is operated according to the instructions in the information pack. To maintain the efficient operation of the wood burner and flue pipe, please only use the seasoned wood provided by us, do not burn any other materials.
- The use of candles inside or outside the cottage is strictly prohibited.
- You agree to leave the cottage in a clean and tidy condition. Cleanliness is important to us and to our guests.
- You agree that the cottage let by the Owner is to be used for the purposes of a holiday let to which Section 12(2) and paragraph 8 of Schedule 4 of the Housing (Scotland) Act 1988 apply. The booking agreement confers a right to occupy the accommodation for the agreed period only.
- The Parks Cottage is a tranquil place, and we ask your help us in keeping it that way. You agree to prevent any member of your party from causing a nuisance or disturbance in or around the cottage. In the event of such a problem arising, we reserve the right to require you to vacate the property on demand without payment of compensation to you.
5. Regulations and Condtions regarding pets
You may bring up to two dogs with you at a charge of £15 per dog per stay. No other pets are permitted.
- Not to allow any pet upstairs or in the downstairs bedroom.
- Never to leave any pet unattended in the property or garden.
- To keep your dog on a lead when outside.
- Not to allow any pet on the furniture, especially not the beds.
- To bring all pet bedding required and towels for drying the pet when required.
- To ensure that any pet is clean and dry before allowing inside the property.
- To ensure that pets behave in such a manner as not to disrupt the enjoyment of other people staying in the vicinity or prejudice the reputation of the owner of the property.
- To promptly pick up all dog mess from the garden and driveway.
- The land around the cottage is farmed, being mainly sheep pasture. The farmers are very sensitive to the presence of dogs, which must not be allowed to roam free.
6. Rural Clause
Part of the charm of the countryside, with the beauty of our natural scenery and our distance from the bustle of the city, means that we have less security of supply of services that are taken for granted in cities, particularly as The Parks Cottage is off-grid. In the unlikely event of any such problems during your stay with us we will use our reasonable endeavors to procure their early resolution on receiving notice thereof. However, for the avoidance of doubt, you accept that as the extent of our liability.
Please ensure that the house is left secure when you go out. In the unlikely event that anything of yours is stolen from the cottage (locked or unlocked) it will be your own responsibility.
Equally, please ensure that your vehicles are securely locked and parked without obstruction
8. Rent Includes
The rent you pay covers the following: (a) Use of linen and towels provided at no extra charge; (b) Crockery, pots, pans, glasses and cutlery; (c) A reasonable quantity of appropriate fuel for cooking, heating, including wood for the wood burner, etc. for your stay. The cottage information pack located in your cottage will give you further details on the correct use of the cottage's services.
9. Owner's Liability
Under no circumstances will the Owner's liability exceed the rental paid for the cottage (save for personal injury or death caused by the negligence of the Owner).
10. Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977
In all cases where any part of these terms and conditions is an unenforceable provision in terms of the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977 or otherwise determined by any court to be unenforceable, the unenforceable provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining portion of these terms and conditions, which shall remain in force as if the unenforceable provision had been eliminated.
The Owner has taken every care to ensure that the accuracy of property descriptions on their website and in their brochure and all information is provided in good faith and is believed to be correct, but they do not form part of the contract between the Owner and the Customer.
12. Dispute Resolution
We would aim to resolve any disputes quickly and amicably. However if we can't resolve any disputes by agreement:
These terms and the contract between you and us shall be subject to and interpreted in accordance with the law of England and Wales and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear any claim arising from such contract.